If you are interested in printing with us, send an email to Meesh with the following information:
- A preview of your artwork
- Zine or Art Prints
- Ink & Paper Color(s)
- Finished Size
- - -
Available Ink Colors
- Fluorescent Pink
- Fluorescent Orange
- - -
We are often booked 2-4 weeks out. Reach out as soon as possible to guarantee a spot on our schedule. We are unable to process rushed projects at this time.
- - -
When you send in specs, we provide an estimate and schedule. We require 50% deposits upfront so we can order supplies, and block out a week on our schedule. Once supplies arrive it takes about a week to run tests and troubleshoot. We'll scan and send up to 3 tests. Once a test is approved, we run the full order and hand deliver the next day.
- - -
Printing with a Risograph involves embracing imperfection. Below are a few common quirks you can expect.
- Registration: For artwork that requires 2+ ink colors, the alignment between 2 colors can be off about 1/16th of an inch.
- Coverage: The ink will lay down with some faint ghost spots, and ink density will vary print-to-print. No two prints are exactly the same.
- Banding: The ink pushes through 4 points onto the screens, which can give the appearance of thicker coverage on the edges and middle of the paper. We only see this happening with darker ink colors.
- Smudging: Soy ink dries on top of the paper, instead of soaking into it. Which means it can smudge similar to newspaper. We recommend avoiding full bleeds on prints that will be handled frequently.